REGIONAL ENTERTAINMENT CENTER
Carnegie Museums of Pittsburgh present the following special exhibits:
• Carnegie Museum of Art, 4400 Forbes Ave.: “Architecture + Photography,” through May 26; “Teenie Harris Photographs: Baseball in Pittsburgh,” through Sept. 22.
• Carnegie Museum of Natural History, 4400 Forbes Ave.: “The Hunt: A Tlingit Totem Pole Carving and Installation,” by artist Tommy Joseph, permanent exhibition
• Carnegie Science Center, One Allegheny Avenue: new movies “Mysteries of the Unseen World” and “Animalopolis”; laser shows on Fridays and Saturdays: Lasers of Oz, Laser Michael Jackson, Laser Led Zeppelin, Laser Daft Punk, Laser Aerosmith vs. Guns ’N Roses, Lasermau5 and “The Vision Bell: the Best of Laser Floyd”; Omnimax films “To the Arctic,” “Hubble” and “Flight of the Butterflies.” Visit www.carnegiesciencecenter.org for a complete schedule of showtimes.
• The Andy Warhol Museum, 117 Sandusky St.: Ongoing: “I Just Want to Watch: Warhol’s Film, Video and Television.”
For more information, call (412) 622-3131 or go to www.carnegiemuseums.org.
Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh, Old Post Office Building, Allegheny Center, Pittsburgh, presents “XOXO: Love and Forgiveness” exhibit, through Aug. 31. Hours are 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Sunday. Call (412) 322-5058 or go to https://pittsburghkids.org.
The Frick, 7227 Reynolds St., Pittsburgh, presents:
• Ongoing: Works from the permanent collection including Jean-Francois Millet works on paper and Renaissance and Baroque bronzes
• An American Odyssey: The Warner Collection of American Paintings, through May 25
Visit thefrickpittsburgh.org for more information.
The Johnstown Flood Museum, 304 Washington St., Johnstown, is presenting “From Scholarships to Souvenirs: Telling the Story of the Johnstown Flood,” an exhibit dedicated to the enduring place the flood has held in pop culture. For more information, call (814) 539-1889 or go to www.jaha.org.
Mattress Factory, 500 Sampsonia Way, Pittsburgh, presents a site-specific installation by Chihura Shiota, whose works focus on the body with relation to place and space, through summer 2014. For information, call (412) 231-3169 or go to www.mattress.org.
Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens, 1 Schenley Park, Oakland, will present Summer Flower Show, through Oct. 5.
Regular hours are 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. Call (412) 622-6915 for more information or visit phipps.conservatory.org.
Sen. John Heinz History Center, 1212 Smallman St., Pittsburgh, presents:
• “Pittsburgh: A Tradition of Innovation,” ongoing
• “From Slavery to Freedom,” ongoing
• “Clash of the Empires: The British, French & Indian War, 1754-1763,” ongoing
• “Glass Shattering Notions,” ongoing
Regular hours are 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. Call (412) 454-6000 for more information.
The Southern Alleghenies Museum of Art presents the following exhibits:
• Altoona, 1212 11th Ave.: “Rachel DiAndrea: Dog and Pony Show,” through Aug. 2; “From the Aegean to Altoona: Peter Calaboyias, through Aug. 9.
• Johnstown, Pasquerilla Performing Arts Center at Pitt-Johnstown: “The Art of Healing Exhibition: Reflections 2014,” through June 6.
• Ligonier Valley, 1 Boucher Lane, Route 711, Ligonier: “Scrap Redefined: Works by Mei Greer and Ronald Nigro,” through Aug. 10; Walter Carlyle Shaw Paperweight Collection, ongoing.
• Loretto: “Arriving in Style: Recent Acquisitions of the Southern Allegheny Museum of Art,” through June 14.
For more information, go to www.sama-art.org.
The ToonSeum, 945 Liberty Ave., Pittsburgh, presents “Golden Legacy: Original Art from 60 Years of Golden Books,” through June 30.
For more information, call (412) 232-0199 or go to www.toonseum.org.
Flight 93 National Memorial, Shanksville. Summer hours: 9 a.m. opening, with last entry at 6:30 p.m. The park closes at 7 p.m. Open seven days a week. Admission is free. Visit www.nps.gov for more information.
Benedum Center, Pittsburgh, will present:
• Steely Dan, Aug. 11
• Yanni, Aug. 16
Go to wwwtrustarts.org for ticket information.
Carnegie Library Music Hall, Pittsburgh, will present Natalie Merchant, 7:30 p.m. July 22.
Tickets available at Ticketmaster.com, librarymusichall.com or by calling (412) 368-5225.
Consol Energy Center, 1001 Fifth Ave., Pittsburgh, will present:
• Rod Stewart and Carlos Santana, 7:30 p.m. May 27
• Paul McCartney, 8 p.m. July 7
• Katy Perry, 7 p.m. July 22
• Miley Cyrus, 7 p.m. Aug. 4
For more information, call (412) 642-1800 or go to www.consolenergycenter.com.
First Niagara Pavilion, Burgettstown, presents:
• Brad Paisley, 7 p.m. Saturday, with Leah Turner and Charlie Worsham
• Tim McGraw, June 6, with Kip Moore and Cassadee Pope
• Backstreet Boys, June 14, with Avril Lavigne
• Steve Miller Band, June 27, with Tower of Power
• A Very Special Evening with the Dave Matthews Band, June 28
• Zac Brown Band, July 12
• Jimmy Buffett & The Coral Reefer Band, July 23
• Rascal Flatts, July 26, with Sheryl Crow and Gloriana
• Under the Influence of Music tour, Aug. 1, featuring Wiz Khalifa, Tyga, Ty Dolla $ign, Rich Homie Quan, Sage the Gemini, Mack Wilds, IAMSU and DJ Drama
• OneRepublic, Aug. 8
• Toby Keith, Aug 9, with Colt Ford and Krystal Keith
• Mötley Crüe, Aug. 13
• Lady Antebellum, Aug. 23, with Billy Currington and Joe Nichols
• Kiss and Def Leppard, Aug. 24
• Kings of Leon, Aug. 29
Tickets available at livenation.com or by calling (800) 745-3000.
Heinz Field, Pittsburgh, will present Luke Bryan and his 2014 “My Kind of Night” tour at 6 p.m. June 21. Also on the bill are Dierks Bentley, Lee Brice and Cole Swindell. Ticket information available at www.megaticket.com.
Heinz Hall, Pittsburgh, will present Tony Bennett, 8 p.m. Friday.
Call (412) 392-4900 for tickets, or the Heinz Hall box office.
The Palace Theatre, 21 W. Otterman St., Greensburg, will present:
• Vince Gill, 8 p.m. today
• The Monkees, 8 p.m. May 28
• 10,000 Maniacs, 8 p.m. July 11
• A Night of Doowop, 7 p.m. July 19, with the Drifters, Coasters and Crystals
• Englebert Humperdinck, 7:30 p.m. Oct. 15
For ticket information, call (724) 836-8000 or go to www.thepalacetheatre.org.
PNC Park, Pittsburgh, will present Jason Aldean and his 2014 “Burn It Down” tour at 7 p.m. July 26. Also on the bill are Miranda Lambert, Florida Georgia Line and Tyler Farr. Ticket information available at www.megaticket.com or www.jasonaldean.com.
City Theater, 1300 Bingham St., South Side, Pittsburgh, presents “Hope and Gravity,” through May 25. Showtimes are 7 p.m. Tuesday and Wednesday; 8 p.m. Thursday and Friday; 5:30 and 9 p.m. Saturday; and 2 p.m. Sunday. Call (412) 431-2489 for tickets.
O’Reilly Theater, 621 Penn Ave., Pittsburgh, is presenting “Candida,” through Sunday. Show times are 8 p.m. today through Saturday; 7 p.m. Sunday; and 2 p.m. matinees Saturday and Sunday.
For ticket information, call (412) 316-1600 or go to www.ppt.org.