REGIONAL ENTERTAINMENT CENTER
Carnegie Museums of Pittsburgh present the following special exhibits:
• Carnegie Museum of Art, 4400 Forbes Ave.: “Small Prints, Big Artists: Masterpieces from the Renaissance to Baroque,” through Sept. 15; “Teenie Harris Photographs: Baseball in Pittsburgh,” through Sept. 22.
• Carnegie Museum of Natural History, 4400 Forbes Ave.: “The Hunt: A Tlingit Totem Pole Carving and Installation,” by artist Tommy Joseph, permanent exhibition
• Carnegie Science Center, One Allegheny Avenue: new movies “Mysteries of the Unseen World” and “Animalopolis”; laser shows on Fridays and Saturdays: Lasers of Oz, Laser Michael Jackson, Laser Led Zeppelin, Laser Daft Punk, Laser Aerosmith vs. Guns ’N Roses, Lasermau5 and “The Vision Bell: the Best of Laser Floyd”; Omnimax films “To the Arctic,” “Hubble” and “Flight of the Butterflies.” Visit www.carnegiesciencecenter.org for a complete schedule of showtimes.
• The Andy Warhol Museum, 117 Sandusky St.: through Aug. 24: “Halston and Warhol: Silver and Suede.” Ongoing: “I Just Want to Watch: Warhol’s Film, Video and Television.”
For more information, call (412) 622-3131 or go to www.carnegiemuseums.org.
Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh, Old Post Office Building, Allegheny Center, Pittsburgh, presents “XOXO: Love and Forgiveness” exhibit, through Aug. 31. Hours are 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Sunday. Call (412) 322-5058 or go to https:// pittsburghkids.org.
The Frick, 7227 Reynolds St., Pittsburgh, presents: Ongoing: Works from the permanent collection including Jean-Francois Millet works on paper and Renaissance and Baroque bronzes
Visit thefrickpittsburgh.org for more information.
The Johnstown Flood Museum, 304 Washington St., Johnstown, is presenting “From Scholarships to Souvenirs: Telling the Story of the Johnstown Flood,” an exhibit dedicated to the enduring place the flood has held in pop culture. For more information, call (814) 539-1889 or go to www.jaha.org.
Mattress Factory, 500 Sampsonia Way, Pittsburgh, presents a site-specific installation by Chihura Shiota, whose works focus on the body with relation to place and space, through summer 2014. For information, call (412) 231-3169 or go to www.mattress.org.
Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens, 1 Schenley Park, Oakland, will present Summer Flower Show, through Oct. 5.
Regular hours are 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. Call (412) 622-6915 for more information or visit phipps.conservatory. org.
Sen. John Heinz History Center, 1212 Smallman St., Pittsburgh, presents:
• “Pittsburgh: A Tradition of Innovation,” ongoing
• “From Slavery to Freedom,” ongoing
• “Clash of the Empires: The British, French & Indian War, 1754-1763,” ongoing
• “Glass Shattering Notions,” ongoing
Regular hours are 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. Call (412) 454-6000 for more information.
The Southern Alleghenies Museum of Art presents the following exhibits:
• Altoona, 1212 11th Ave.: “Rachel DiAndrea: Dog and Pony Show,” through Aug. 2; “From the Aegean to Altoona: Peter Calaboyias,” through Aug. 9.
• Johnstown, Pasquerilla Performing Arts Center at Pitt-Johnstown: “The Art of Healing Exhibition: Reflections 2014,” through Friday.
• Ligonier Valley, 1 Boucher Lane, Route 711, Ligonier: “Scrap Redefined: Works by Mei Greer and Ronald Nigro,” through Aug. 10; Walter Carlyle Shaw Paperweight Collection, ongoing.
• Loretto: “Arriving in Style: Recent Acquisitions of the Southern Allegheny Museum of Art,” through June 14.
For more information, go to www.sama-art.org.
The ToonSeum, 945 Liberty Ave., Pittsburgh, presents:
• “Golden Legacy: Original Art from 60 Years of Golden Books,” through June 30.
For more information, call (412) 232-0199 or go to www.toonseum.org.
Flight 93 National Memorial, Shanksville. Summer hours: 9 a.m. opening, with last entry at 6:30 p.m. The park closes at 7 p.m. Open seven days a week. Admission is free. Visit www.nps. gov for more information.
Steel City Con, toy, comic book and pop culture convention, will be held from Aug. 8 to 10 at the Monroeville Convention Center, Monroeville. Hours are 1 to 9 p.m. Aug. 8, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Aug. 9 and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Aug. 10. Three-day passes are $25, single-day passes are $15 and children younger than 5 are admitted free.
Scheduled to appear are wrestling manager Jimmy Hart and actors Penny Marshall, Steve Guttenberg, Verne Troyer, Billy Dee Williams, LeVar Burton, Mindy Lee Sterling, Margot Kidder, Steve Cardenas, Butch Patrick, Pat Priest and Paris Themmen. “Dragula,” the car from “The Munsters” television show, will also be on display. To purchase a dealer table or to get tickets, go to www.steelcitycon.com.
Benedum Center, Pittsburgh, will present:
• Steely Dan, Aug. 11
• Yanni, Aug. 16
Go to wwwtrustarts.org for ticket information.
Carnegie Library Music Hall, Pittsburgh, will present Natalie Merchant, 7:30 p.m. July 22.
Tickets available at Ticket master.com, librarymusic hall.com or by calling (412) 368-5225.
Consol Energy Center, 1001 Fifth Ave., Pittsburgh, will present:
• Paul McCartney, 8 p.m. July 7
• Katy Perry, 7 p.m. July 22
• Miley Cyrus, 7 p.m. Aug. 4
For more information, call (412) 642-1800 or go to www.consolenergycenter.com.
First Niagara Pavilion, Burgettstown, will present:
• Tim McGraw, Friday, with Kip Moore and Cassadee Pope
• Backstreet Boys, June 14, with Avril Lavigne
• Steve Miller Band, June 27, with Tower of Power
• A Very Special Evening with the Dave Matthews Band, June 28
• Zac Brown Band, July 12
• Jimmy Buffett & The Coral Reefer Band, July 23
• Rascal Flatts, July 26, with Sheryl Crow and Gloriana
• Kiss and Def Leppard, Aug. 24
• Kings of Leon, Aug. 29
Tickets are available at livenation.com or by calling (800) 745-3000.
Luke Bryan will bring his 2014 “My Kind of Night” tour to Heinz Field, Pittsburgh, on June 21 at 6 p.m. Also on the bill are Dierks Bentley, Lee Brice and Cole Swindell. Ticket information is available at www.megaticket.com.
The Palace Theatre, 21 W. Otterman St., Greensburg, will present:
• 10,000 Maniacs, 8 p.m. July 11
• A Night of Doowop, 7 p.m. July 19, with the Drifters, Coasters and Crystals
• Englebert Humperdinck, 7:30 p.m. Oct. 15
For ticket information, call (724) 836-8000 or go to www.thepalacetheatre.org.
Jason Aldean will bring his 2014 “Burn It Down” tour to PNC Park, Pittsburgh, on July 26 at 7 p.m. Also on the bill are Miranda Lambert, Florida Georgia Line and Tyler Farr. Ticket information is available at www.megaticket.com or www.jasonaldean. com.
Benedum Center, Pittsburgh, will present “Singin’ in the Rain,” through Sunday. Showtimes are 8 p.m. today through Saturday and 2 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
Tickets are available by calling (412) 456-4800. For groups of 10 or more, call (412) 471-6930.
Pittsburgh CLO presents “Ring of Fire,” through Aug. 17 at The Cabaret at Theater Square, 655 Penn Ave.
Showtimes are 7:30 p.m. Wednesday through Saturday; 2 p.m. matinees Saturday and Sunday. Closed Monday and Tuesday.
For more information, call (412) 456-6666 or go to www.pittsburghclo.org.
O’Reilly Theater, 621 Penn Ave., Pittsburgh, is presenting “Noises Off” through June 29. Showtimes are 8 p.m. Wednesday through Saturday; 7 p.m. Tuesday and Sunday; and 2 p.m. matinees Saturday and Sunday. Closed Monday.
For ticket information, call (412) 316-1600 or go to www.ppt.org.