Smicksburg to hold annual Fall Festival
SMICKSBURG — Smicksburg’s 24th Annual Fall Festival will be held from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Oct. 4 and 5 and from noon to 5 p.m. Oct. 6. The following businesses will participate:
• Yoders Country Living Shop — Friday and Saturday: Entertainment. Saturday and Sunday: Bake sale. Saturday: Free wagon rides through the Amish countryside, clowns, face painting and balloon sculpting. All days: Samples of favorite fall dips and a special sale in the inventory building.
• The Drying Shed — Apple cider-making demonstrations; pumpkins, gourds, mums, fall wreaths, centerpieces for all fall decorating needs; apple bake sale (benefiting The Diabetes Association); face-painting for the children; live entertainment.
• Thee Village Eatinghouse/Sampler — Pumpkin pies, rolls, gobs, fudge, dips, apple dumplings, festival foods outside, kettle corn and entertainment.
• The Country Cupboard: Pumpkin butter, apple cider, harvest jellies and jams, apple syrup, sample fall dips and the award-winning Windgate apple wine. Don’t miss cookie decorating for the children.
• The Primitive Peddler — New inventory of painted accent tables, antiques, tent sale, “The Hot Dog Guy,” face painting, Amish selling produce and baked goods. Live music on Saturday.
• Downtown Smicksburg Amish Country: Locally grown mums, fall décor, Billy Corbin on guitar Saturday from noon to 4 p.m., and homemade apple dumplings.
• The Homestead Restaurant —Home-style cooking, including amazing breakfasts (served all day), lunch items include the popular piping-hot turkey sandwiches with mashed potatoes, and delicious pumpkin treats such as yummy pumpkin pancakes, spicy pumpkin pie and freshly made pumpkin rolls.
• Smicksburg Country Store — Homemade ice cream, hot dogs with sauerkraut and special sale prices on select cheeses and meats.
• Little Mahoning Creek — Pottery demonstrations, brie baking dishes, tea pots, bowls, serving dishes and more. Wood-fired and salt-glazed; all pottery handmade in Smicksburg.
• The Country Junction — Come and experience the area’s most popular restaurant in the heart of Amish Country. Home-style meals are offered as well as homemade desserts. Seasonal ice cream.
• Windgate Winery — Stop by and sample delicious Windgate apple wine.