Spotlight to shine on vintage machinery at Cookport event
There will be something for all ages and interests at the 17th annual Cookport Antique Machinery Show, which will run from Friday through Sunday at the Green Township Community Fairgrounds along Route 240.
There are two new events to look for at the show this year. The first will be the Old Timer’s Pull to be held Sunday. Organizers are hoping to round up people who were involved in pulls before the CAMS club was started. Secondly, there will be a motorcycle show on Saturday.
This year, the feature tractor is Minneapolis Moline.
[PHOTO: File photo: Beca Stahl, of Dixonville, drove a Farmall tractor in 2013 at the Cookport Antique Machinery Show.
Other weekend-long events include tractor pulls, demonstrations, music and a car show. There are lots of activities to entertain children, like the kids’ pedal pull, hayrides and the Kids’ Korner.
For those interested in participating in the pulls, a CAMS membership is required. Information can be found at www.cookportantiquemachineryshow.org.
Another date to add to the calendar is the CAMS Late Pull on Oct. 4 at 10 a.m. Tractors entering this pull do not have to be antiques.
The weekend event calendar is as follows:
• 5 p.m.: Gates open
• 5:30-7 p.m.: Scales and sign-up booth open
• 7 p.m.: 6,000-pound deadweight pull
• 8:52 p.m.: 50/50 drawing
• 7:30 a.m.: Gates open
• 8 a.m.: Scales and sign-up booth open
• 9 a.m.: 2,500- to 8,000-pound transfer sled pull (500-pound increments) Also includes 6,000-pound powder puff pull
• 10 a.m.: Kids’ pedal pull (Ages 4-10)
• 11:30 a.m.: Hayride
• Noon-12:30 p.m.: Break for demonstrations
• 3:07p.m.: 50/50 drawing
• 4 p.m.: Hayride
• 5-8 p.m.: 7 Mile Run Band
• 6-7 p.m.: Setup for old timers’ pull
• 7 p.m.: Old timers’ pull
• 8:57 p.m.: 50/50 drawing
• 10 a.m.: Gates open
• Noon-4 p.m.: Car show and bike show
• Noon: 8,000-pound deadweight pull
• 1-4 p.m.: BDR road show (DJ/karaoke)
• 1-3 p.m.: FFA demonstrations
• 4 p.m.: Show closes