THOSE OLD PHOTOS
Dixonville in Green Township was named after Dixon Run, which flowed through town and into Two Lick Creek at Clymer.
It dates from about 1860, when William Sterner and his son Harry probably erected the first building in town. Its post office opened on July 14, 1868.
Mining operations in the area fostered the town’s growth, and the Dixonville Hospital opened in 1908, according to county historian John Busovicki, of Clymer, who submitted this photo.