Weather service issues storm watch
The National Weather Service in Pittsburgh has issued a winter storm watch for Indiana County, taking effect Sunday afternoon. The text of the watch:
Statement as of 1:06 PM EST on February 28, 2014
... Winter Storm Watch remains in effect from Sunday afternoon through Monday afternoon...
* snow accumulations... potential of 6 inches or more.
* Snow is likely from Saturday night through Monday night but most snow will accumulate starting Sunday night.
* Period of most intense snow... Sunday night and Monday morning.
* Snow ending... Monday night.
* Impacts... hazardous travel conditions are expected due to reduced visibility and snow accumulation.
* Winds... northeast 5 to 15 mph with gusts up to 20 mph.
A Winter Storm Watch means that snow... sleet... or ice accumulation may severely impact travel. Prepare for winter weather and monitor the latest forecasts via the National Weather Service homepage NOAA Weather Radio or other news media.
[PHOTO: Harmons Covered Bridge. (Tom Peel/Gazette file photo)]