IUP FOOTBALL: Crimson Hawks land two Pitt transfers
Two football players dismissed from the Pitt football team have transferred to IUP.
Drew Carswell, a tight end, and Eric Williams, a linebacker, were dismissed by coach Paul Chryst in April as a result of their involvement in a drug bust in the city. In June, however, charges of possession of drug paraphernalia were dropped. The two were present in a house that was raided by police, who arrested a man who was charged with possessing heroin with intent to deliver.
Carswell, a Sto-Rox High School product, and Williams, from Pennsbury High, are juniors. They are part of a recruiting class that includes 11 transfers.
The other transfers are:
• Erik Finklea, running back, Miami (Ohio);
• Steve Franco, quarterback, Akron;
• Michael Larrow, tight end, Rutgers;
• Ali Muhammad, defensive lineman, Rhode Island;
• Marco Pecora, defensive back, Pitt;
• Jorge Vicioso, offensive lineman, Rutgers;
• Brian Wahl-Schwartz, defensive back, Lake Erie;
• Jourdan Wiegand, offensive lineman, West Virginia Wesleyan;
• Alkwan Williams, linebacker, Temple.