This information is provided by the Indiana County Tourist Bureau. Times and dates are subject to change. All events are held in Indiana, unless otherwise noted.
• The sixth annual Tractor and Equipment Show and Car Cruise, sponsored by the Brush Valley Antique Iron and Power Club, will be held at Brush Valley Park. An antique tractor display, car cruise, kid’s pedal tractor pull, games, refreshments and a parade are scheduled.
• The Hoodlebug Festival will be held from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. at 25 Church St., Homer City. A parade, live entertainment, ethnic food booths, crafts, a bicycle poker run and a kids’ zone are planned.
• A Yard Sale hosted by Bella Spa and Beauty LLC, 1070 Wayne Ave., White Township, will be held from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Clothes, household items, artwork and more will be on sale.
• The Winner Winner Chicken Dinner will be held from 11:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at the Chevy Chase Community Center, 640 N. Fifth Ave., White Township. The menu includes chicken, baked potato bar, vegetable, dessert and beverage. A basket raffle is planned. For information, call (724) 463-0674.
• The 1938 production of “You Can’t Take It With You” begins at 1 p.m. at the Jimmy Stewart Museum, 835 Philadelphia St. The movie stars Stewart, Jean Arthur and Lionel Barrymore in a story about what happens when Alice Sycamore, (Arthur) agrees to marry Tony Kirby (Stewart), and invites his wealthy parents over for dinner. For information, call (724) 349-6112 or visit www.jimmy.org.
• The Hoodlebug 5K Run & Fun Walk begins at 4:30 p.m. at Floodway Park, Homer City The race features a fast-flat course through the streets of Homer City and Center Township with the last mile on the Hoodlebug Trail before turning back onto Main Street for the downhill run to the finish. For information, call John Swauger at (724) 479-9758 or visit www.indianaroadrunners.com/hoodlebug-5k.
• Harvest for the Hungry will be held from 5 to 7 p.m. at the Indiana Community Garden in Mack Park, corner of South Sixth Street and Carter Avenue, White Township. For information, call Marie Olson at (724) 840-3360 or visit indianacommunitygardens.org.
• The Smicksburg Antique Tractor and Machinery Club will meet at 7 p.m. in the bingo building of the Dayton fairgrounds. All members are welcome. For information, call Glen Alabran or Kevin Bish at (814) 257-9880.
• The Rainbow Diamond Glass Club will meet from 7 to 8:30 p.m. at the First Christian Church, 500 Water St. Audrey McNutt, of the Keystone Doll Club, will present a program about dolls from the 1800s. Members are encouraged to bring items from their own collections. Light refreshments will be served. The public is welcome.
For information, call (724) 349-8597.
MONDAY to SATURDAY
The Green Township Community Fair will be held at the Cookport Fairgrounds on Route 240 near Commodore. The fair includes agricultural displays and competitions, animal and craft exhibits, rides and entertainment throughout the week. For information, call (724) 254-4613 or visit www.cookportfair.com.
The “60s 70s 80s: Artist Legacy of IUP” will open at the University Museum on the first floor of Sutton Hall on the Indiana University of Pennsylvania campus. The exhibit features works by IUP alumni who have found success as painters, sculptors, potters, draftsmen and teachers. For information, email email@example.com or call (724) 357-2787.
• A September 11 Memorial Program to commemorate the 18th anniversary of 9/11 will be held from 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. in the Oak Grove on the Indiana University of Pennsylvania Campus. The program will include a remembrance of three IUP alumni lost in the World Trade Center attacks. For information, call (724) 357-2200.
• The Indiana University of Pennsylvania Center for Family Business is sponsoring Cyber Security at 11:30 a.m. at the Hilton Garden Inn, 714 Pratt Drive, White Township. Employer Duties to Safeguard Sensitive Personal Information will be discussed during a presentation and panel discussion, networking and lunch. Speaking will be Emily Town; Rothman Gordon; Jesse Daniel, The Daniel Law Group, and Eric Brocious, EMB Computing. For information, call (724) 357-2323 or visit iup.edu/cen terforfamilybusiness.
• The Indiana County Farmers’ Market will be held from 3 to 5:30 p.m. along Wayne Avenue across from the Kovalchick Convention and Athletic Complex, White Township. For information, email Jenna Deardorff at firstname.lastname@example.org, call (239) 707-4770 or visit www.indianafarmmarket.blogspot.com.
• Community Time in the Indiana Community Garden will be held from 5 to 7 p.m. Wednesdays through October at the corner of Carter Avenue and South Sixth Street in Mack Park, White Township. Join other volunteers in helping plant and assist with garden-related activities.
• The Love of Life Kick-Off Celebration begins at 5:30 p.m. and is hosted by Christine Toretti. There will be cocktails, hors d’oeuvres, catering by Nap’s Cucina Mia and live music by the band Somebody to Love. For information, email Heather Harkleroad at email@example.com or call (724) 357-8053.
• Cirque Dreams Jungle Fantasy will be presented from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. at the Kovalchick Convention and Athletic Complex, 711 Pratt Drive, White Township. From the high-flying butterfly ballet and flipping monkeys to the bounce hopping frogs and stretching lizards, this world-class explosion of imagination, athleticism and Broadway theatrics will exhilarate and entertain audiences of all ages. For information, call (724) 357-5222.
• The Historic Saltsburg Car Cruise will be held from 5 to 9 p.m. at Canal Park, Saltsburg. Classics, antiques, hot rods and trucks are welcome.
There will be trophies, door prizes, 50/50, food, music, dash plaques and more.
For information, call (724) 639-3728.
• Firkin Friday will be held from 6 to 10 p.m. at Levity Brewing Company, 1380 Wayne Ave., White Township. Join Levity for their monthly firkin tapping.
• Friday Night Karaoke begins at 10 p.m. at Spaghetti Benders, 563 Philadelphia St.
For more information, call (724) 357-8822.
FRIDAY and SATURDAY
• The Indiana Players present The Good Doctor at 7:30 p.m. at the Philadelphia Street Playhouse, 725 Philadelphia St. This Broadway hit is a composite of Neil Simon and Anton Chekhov.
The stories are droll, the portraits affectionate, the humor infectious and the fun unending. For information, email Martha Buckley at mbuck firstname.lastname@example.org, call (724) 464-0725 or visit www.indianaplayers.com.
FRIDAY to SUNDAY, SEPT. 15
• An Open House will be held at Tri-County ATV, 632 Tower Hill Road, Heilwood. Gates open at 5 p.m. Sept. 13 and close at 5 p.m. Sept. 15. For information, call (877) 931-2288 www.tricountyatv.com.
• The Smicksburg Apple Fest will be held from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 138 E. Kittanning St., Smicksburg. The apples are ripe for picking and the community is celebrating. For information, call (814) 257-0192 or visit www.smicksburg.net.
• Senior Day at the Indiana County Farmers’ Market will be held from 9 a.m. to noon behind S&T Bank, Eighth and Church streets. For information, email Jenna Deardorff at email@example.com, call (239) 707-4770 or visit www.indianafarmmarket.blogspot.com.
• A Fall Magnolia and Vine Jewelry Party will be held from noon to 6 p.m. at Woody Lodge Winery, 622 Philadelphia St. For information, call (724) 403-3168.
• A Potluck Picnic will be held from 1 to 4 p.m. at the Blairsville Underground Railroad History Center, 214 S. East Lane, Blairsville. Bring your family and favorite dish, socialize with UGRR volunteers and learn about volunteer opportunities. The museum will be open, and the center will supply beverages, pulled pork and paper/plastic ware. For information, call Denise Jennings-Doyle at (724) 599-8105.
• The Saltsburg Music Festival 2019 will be held from 1 to 9 p.m. at Canal Park, Saltsburg. The free admission music fest benefits The West Penn and includes pizza by the slice, craft beers from Noble Stein Brewery and the Kona Shaved Ice Truck. Seven musicians/bands will play throughout the evening. For information, call (724) 639-9413.
• An Indiana Lions Club Turkey Dinner will be served from 4 to 7 p.m. at 1278 Lions Health Camp Road, Young Township. For information, (724) 465-7732.
• A Chili and Dessert Cook-off will be held from 5 to 6 p.m. Silver Canoe Campground, 140 Silver Canoe Campground Road, Rural Valley. The contest is free for campers and $2 per person for non-campers. For information, call (724) 783-6000.
• Cosmic Attack will perform blues and rock from 5 to 9 p.m. at Ungrapeful Winery, 638 Turner Drive, Burrell Township. For information, email Daniel Lashinsky at firstname.lastname@example.org, call (724) 675-8122 or visit www.ungrapefulwinery.com.
• Owl Prowl begins at 7 p.m. at Blue Spruce Park, Pavilion #3, Ernest. After a short discussion, the group will search for owls outside. Bring a flashlight and dress for the weather. This program is best suited for those age 6 and up. For information, email Friends of the Park at email@example.com or call (724) 463-8636.
• Saturday Night Karaoke begins at 10 p.m. at Spaghetti Benders, 563 Philadelphia St. For more information, call (724) 357-8822.