Police arrest handcuffs 02

A 22-year-old Indiana University of Pennsylvania student was arraigned Wednesday on multiple charges after being accused of indecently assaulting a woman at her Grant Street apartment in February.

Jacob James Wissinger, of Creekside Road, Indiana, is charged with felony counts of aggravated assault without consent, aggravated indecent assault by force and strangulation.

He also faces misdemeanor counts of indecent assault without consent of the other person and indecent assault by force.

Wissinger was released on a $2,500 unsecured bond and has a preliminary hearing set for June 13 at 10:45 a.m. before Indiana Magisterial District Judge Guy B. Haberl.

According to a criminal complaint, Indiana Borough police officer Leroy Anderson Jr. met with the woman and a representative of the Alice Paul House April 23 at the police department on North Eighth Street at approximately 10:40 a.m.

The victim told Anderson she and Wissinger, a political science major, were messaging each other Feb. 14 on Instagram and they decided to meet at Commonplace Coffee in the 1110 block of Grant Street for a beverage.

Afterward, the woman said Wissinger asked her to go back to her room and she took him to her apartment, where they had consensual intercourse, the complaint said.

On Feb. 15, Anderson reported Wissinger sent a message through Instagram to the woman around midnight and asked if he could stay at her apartment.

“We don’t even have to be sexual,” Wissinger told the woman, according to the complaint.

The woman asked Wissinger if he was drunk and he said, “Not crazy … just don’t want to drive.”

According to the complaint, the woman agreed to allow Wissinger to stay at her apartment, but told him he must knock first so her roommate would not get “weird.”

Once inside, the woman told Wissinger she was going to bed and “nothing sexual was going to happen.”

Anderson said the woman found Wissinger to be highly intoxicated.

He eventually went to her bedroom and began to pull her clothes off, according to the complaint.

Wissinger then sexually assaulted the woman “for approximately 10 seconds,” police said, and he then went to the bathroom, laid down on the bed and went to sleep.

Wissinger woke up around 3:30 or 4 a.m. and walked into the living room.

He told the woman “she should have kicked him to the couch” and he told her to go back to her bedroom, police said.

Police said Wissinger followed her there and assaulted her again.

He then laid beside her on the bed for an hour and asked her “six to seven times” if her could have sex with her.

Each time, she said ‘no,” the complaint said.

Anderson said the woman told him Wissinger woke up around 10 a.m. and initially refused to leave her apartment.

But the woman told him a friend was coming, so he eventually left.

Because of the traumatic nature of the incident, the victim went to Indiana Regional Medical Center afterward because she was having suicidal thoughts, police said.

While there, she voluntarily committed herself to a mental health facility in Kittanning.

She also spoke to a therapist about the incident, according to the criminal complaint.

Anderson said he took photos of the woman’s apartment April 25, two days after meeting with her, and talked to her roommate May 29.