The Leader’s Circle of Indiana County on Wednesday revealed the finalists for the 2019 Leader’s Circle awards at the Chestnut Ridge Resort in Blairsville.
The organization is designed to honor and recognize inspiring individuals for volunteer service in Indiana County through four awards: Male Civic Leader, Female Civic Leader, Athena Leadership and Athena Young Professional.
Nominations for these awards may be made by service clubs, organizations, businesses or individuals, and finalists are chosen by members of the Leader’s Circle Committee.
Finalists and their nominators are:
Athena Leadership Award
• Hastie Kinter, Athena Leadership Award recipients
• Jennifer Myers, Quota International of Indiana, Pa. Inc.
• Patti Simmons, Bill Darr
Athena Young Professional Award
• Alexis Blose, Indiana Women in Networking
• Sarah Kitchen, Indiana Business and Professional Women’s Club
• Kaycee Newell, Indiana Women’s Flag Football League
• Madison Sabo, Quota International of Indiana, Pa. Inc.
Female Civic Leader Award
• Betsy Lauber, Quota International of Indiana, Pa. Inc.
• Linda Maguire, Indiana County Tourist Bureau
• Joyce Sharman, Downtown Indiana Inc.
Male Civic Leader Award
• Anthony Frazier, Dana and Kitty Henry
• Josh Rosenberger, Quota International of Indiana, Pa. Inc.
• Clinton Smith, Indiana County Chamber of Commerce
• Gordon Thornton, Visiting Nurse Association of Indiana County
• Gregg Van Horn, Indiana County Tourist Bureau
The 2019 Leader’s Circle Awards dinner is at 6 p.m. Sept. 26 at the Rustic Lodge along Oakland Avenue in White Township. It is open to the community, but reservations are required and must be made at www.indianacountyleaderscircle.com.
“The Leader’s Circle awards program is a wonderful opportunity to recognize and honor the outstanding volunteers here in Indiana County,” Sherry Renosky, chairwoman of the 2019 Leader’s Circle committee, said in a news release. “It also brings awareness of the incredible amount of service that is happening here. Our community is truly rich with individuals who give of their time and talents to make Indiana County a better place, and the Leader’s Circle committee is proud to continue the tradition of recognizing these outstanding men and women.”
The Athena awards are national awards; the Male and Female Civic Leader Awards are traditions local to Indiana County.
This year marks the 40th anniversary of the Civic Leader Awards. The first male recipient of the award was the late Roger Reschini (1979); the first female recipient was Susan Delaney(1981).
The Athena Leadership Award has been presented in Indiana annually since 1987, when it was co-sponsored by Oldsmobile and the local Colonial dealership, headed then by the late Charles “Chuck” Spadafora. He was also the first male recipient of the Athena Leadership Award in Indiana County, in 2012. The Athena Young Professional Award was first bestowed in 2017.