The Blairsville-Saltsburg school board on Tuesday authorized homestead and farmstead exclusions for real estate tax assessment reductions and reported the district’s allocation was $1,133,965, according to the Pennsylvania Department of Education.
The funding from the state is for 2020-21 local tax relief.
In other business, the board:
• Will purchase Chromebooks at a cost not to exceed $144,000, to be purchased with grant funds.
• Set the price for admission to all sporting events at $5 per person and approved the use of the online ticket module Hometown Tickets for purchasing.
• Approved the following supplemental positions at Saltsburg: Glenn Richards, athletic director and second assistant football coach; Michael Leasure, head football coach; Dave Leasure, football first assistant coach; Bill Petro, football fourth assistant coach; Heather Droste, science department chair; Kathy Muir, math department chair; and Melissa Milanak and Muir, yearbook co-advisers.
In Blairsville, John Nepsha was approved as baseball head coach.
• Will advertise a request for proposals for athletic training services.
• Paid an invoice from ABM Building Solutions regarding the ongoing energy savings project in the amount of $1,640,865.80 from capital funds.
• Approved a one-year service agreement with Johnson Controls for fire alarm test and inspection at Blairsville Elementary School at a cost not to exceed $3,400.
• Authorized administration to proceed with the bidding process for a backup generator service agreement for all three of the district’s boilers.
• Extended the ProSoft Financial License for software for 2020-21, not to exceed $14,646.
• Approved a list of 2020 district graduates.
• Approved an agreement for graduate assistants with Saint Vincent College.
• Approved a principal internship for Jim Mariani at Blairsville Elementary School and Middle/High School for this summer and the 2020-21 school year.