CLYMER DISTRICT COURT DOCKET
Numerous defendants have been named in criminal charges filed in the Clymer district court before Magisterial District Judge George Thachik.
Criminal complaints and affidavits of probably cause are not evidence of guilt in a criminal case.
Defendants are entitled to legal representation and have the right to question the witnesses and evidence presented against them during preliminary hearings in the district court and at trials in the county court of common pleas.
• Della Reichenbach, 38, of Home, charged April 30 with theft by failure to make required disposition of funds amounting to $346. Michele Fairman of the Marion Center Cub Scouts Pack 1050 accused Reichenbach of participating in a popcorn fundraiser, receiving the order, but failing to turn in any money to pay for the order. Charges were held for court June 3.
• Joseph C. Noto, 41, pf Johnson Avenue, Blairsville, charged May 3 by the Blairsville Police Department with resisting arrest, harassment and two counts of simple assault May 2 at 98 Johnson Ave., Blairsville. Police said after he was handcuffed, Noto pulled away from a police officer and was flailing. The officer then used an electroshock device on Noto’s back. Charges were held for court on May 20.
• Jeramiah W. Weaver, 26, of Plugtown Lane, Homer City charged May 3 by state police with receiving stolen property, criminal trespass and two counts of theft May 1 at 37 Plugtown Lane, Center Township. Police said Gregory Bella, 43, reported three firearms stolen from a storage building. Police contacted Bullseye Firearms and determined that Weaver had sold two of the firearms there April 30. Police said Weaver confessed to burglarizing the building and that he had sold the firearms for $100. Charges were held for court May 27.
• Nicholas S. Hanson, 30, of Route 553 Highway, Penn Run, charged June 9 by state police with recklessly endangering another person, careless driving and reckless driving at 8 p.m. May 31 on Laurel Road, Pine Township. Charges were held for court July 22.
• Nicholas A. Garcia, 21, of 603 Manor St., Marion Center, charged May 9 by state police with endangering the welfare of children April 30 at his residence. Charges were held for court July 8.
• Troy M. Fleming, 28, of Hemlock Road, Indiana, charged May 19 by state police with the sale or transfer of firearms and unsworn falsification to authorities Dec. 17 at 984 DeHaven Road. Charges held for court July 8.
A charge of bad checks against Mike Maruca, 44, of Slickville, filed May 12 was dismissed June 17.