CLYMER DISTRICT COURT DOCKET
A number of defendants have been named in criminal charges filed in the Clymer district court before Magisterial District Judge George Thachik.
Criminal complaints and affidavits of probable cause are not evidence of guilt in a criminal case.
Defendants are entitled to legal representation and have the right to question the witnesses and evidence presented against them during preliminary hearings in the district court and at trials in the county court of common pleas.
• Derrick M. Davis, 21, of Commodore, charged May 6 by state police with simple assault and harassment at 12:30 a.m. at 66 Lovejoy Road in Commodore.
Prosecutors withdrew the charge of simple assault and Davis pleaded guilty to assault July 15.
• Edward H. Pearce Jr., 49, of Hillsdale, charged June 12 by state police with DUI, operating a vehicle following suspension of registration, and two summary driving infractions at 6:39 p.m. April 21 on Cush Creek Road, Montgomery Township.
Police say they observed Pearce make a wide turn and initiated a traffic stop. Pearce had a blood alcohol content of 0.101 percent, court papers show. A preliminary hearing is scheduled for Aug. 26.
• Leann L. Wray, 33, of Johnstown, charged June 18 by state police with simple assault on May 24 at the Indiana County Jail. Police say surveillance footage shows Wray striking the victim several times. A preliminary hearing is scheduled for Aug. 12.
• Ronald S. Murphy, 57, of New Alexandria, charged June 18 by state police with receiving stolen property and two counts of theft on Aug. 30, 2013.
Police say Murphy drove away with $1,950 worth of produce from the Smicksburg Produce Auction and did not make payment. A preliminary hearing is scheduled for Aug. 12.
• Bobbie M. Stewart, 25, of Clymer, charged June 19 with DUI, careless driving, reckless driving and two summary driving infractions at 11 a.m. on May 3 at Route 403 in Cherryhill Township. Police responded to a two-vehicle crash and say they found a marijuana pipe in Stewart’s possession as well as a pill bottle suspected to be marijuana. Lab results show that benzodiazepine, cannabinoids and opiates were in Stewart’s system at the time of the crash. A preliminary hearing is scheduled for Wednesday.
• Jerry D. Barto, 51, of Cherry Tree, charged June 19 with DUI, driving on the wrong side of the road and not wearing a seat belt at 11:30 p.m. on May 17 at Cush Creek Road in Montgomery Township.
Police say they initiated a traffic stop when they observed there was no registration sticker and observed that Barto showed signs of impairment. Lab results show that Barto had alprazolam, benzoylecgonine and hydrocodone in his system. A preliminary hearing is scheduled for Aug. 26.
• William J. Ward, 30, Behune Drive, Home, charged June 30 by state police with theft, criminal trespass and receiving stolen property on May 30 at Adamson Road, Washington Township. Investigators say Ward tried to settle a debt with a .444 caliber rifle that was stolen in a burglary. Ward waived his right to a preliminary hearing July 8 and will face charges in court.
• Charges of simple assault and harassment against Debra L. Helman, 37, of Indiana, filed May 3 were dismissed June 3.
• A charge of aggravated harassment by a prisoner against Todd R. Swaynie, 45, of Indiana, filed May 1 was withdrawn June 3.