Defendants sentenced in county court
Several defendants were sentenced by Indiana County Judges William Martin and Thomas Bianco on Jan. 3 in the county court.
• Mark Cessna, 38, of Red Maple Drive, Center Township, was ordered to serve 90 days in the Indiana County Jail beginning April 11, and to pay a fine of $500 plus unspecified court costs for his guilty plea to driving while under suspension for a driving under the influence conviction. Three other charges were dropped in a plea agreement; Cessna was allowed to concurrently serve the sentence with a term ordered for a previous conviction.
• James Dewitt, 22, of Seward, Westmoreland County, was ordered to pay $1,498.50 in fines, court costs and restitution and to serve one year of probation for theft. Prosecutors withdrew five other charges. Dewitt, who originally was placed on accelerated rehabilitative disposition, was removed from ARD in November.
• David Neff, 25, of Stable Road, Cherryhill Township, was required to pay $777 in fines and costs and to serve one year of probation for his guilty plea to hit-and-run involving damage to an attended vehicle.
Six other charges were dropped in a plea agreement.
• Jeffrey Turner, 33, of Houston, Washington County, was ordered to pay $917.62 in fines and court costs and to serve six months of probation for a guilty plea to possession of a controlled substance, a misdemeanor. Prosecutors dropped three felony charges in a plea agreement.
• Matthew Pontani, 38, of Polo Drive, Armstrong Township, was assessed $307 in costs of prosecution and was told to serve three months on probation for a misdemeanor count of disorderly conduct.
One other charge was dropped in a plea agreement.