Furnace cause of house fire
SALTSBURG — Firefighters from the Saltsburg Volunteer Fire Company joined volunteers from Westmoreland County in battling a house fire in the 200 block of McDivitt Drive, Bell Township, at 5:10 p.m. Tuesday.
John Dice, chief of the Saltsburg fire company, said the fire started in the home’s furnace and spread up into the second floor. There was fire, smoke and water damage to the home but the damage is repairable, he said.
The two adult occupants, who were not identified, were at home when the fire started. They are being assisted with food, clothing and shelter by the Red Cross.
No one was injured, according to Dice.