Holiday Inn in White Township evacuated
Liam Damato, 1, of Boston, slept in the arms of his father, Will, as Indiana firefighters responded to a fire alarm at the Holiday Inn in White Township on Thursday.
The alarm sounded around 9:08 p.m. when a compressor in a room air conditioner overheated, creating some light smoke in a hallway, officials said.
Hotel guests remained outside for about an hour as firefighters ventilated the building. The Domatos, who were staying at the hotel, were in town to visit family. (Mike Walker/Gazette photo)