HOMER CITY DISTRICT COURT DOCKET
Several defendants have been named in criminal charges filed before Magisterial District Judge Susanne Steffee, of Homer City.
Criminal complaints and affidavits of probable cause are not evidence of guilt in a criminal case. Defendants are entitled to legal representation and have the right to question the witnesses and evidence presented against them during preliminary hearings in the district court and at trials in the county court of common pleas.
• Damien Franklin Barb, 23, of Wardensville, W.Va., charged by state police May 8 with accidents involving death or personal injury while not properly licensed and four summary offenses at 7:58 a.m. May 3 at Routes 119 and 56 in Homer City. A preliminary hearing is scheduled for Monday.
• Samuel Albert Kenly, 36, of Shelocta, charged May 8 by state police with driving under the influence and one summary infraction at 3:03 a.m. May 5 along West Pike in White Township. Kenly’s blood alcohol content was 0.198 percent, court documents show. A preliminary hearing is scheduled for Monday.
• Connie Eileen Davis Shields, 55, of Clymer, charged by state police May 8 with possession of a small amount of marijuana on May 6 at Indiana Regional Medical Center. A preliminary hearing is scheduled for July 1.
• Michelle C. Sisak, 38, and Michael Irvin Walker II, 22, both of Homer City, each charged by state police May 13 with disorderly conduct and public drunkenness at 1:22 a.m. March 30 along Lucerne Avenue in Center Township. Sisak also was charged with an additional summary violation. The case is still active.
• Kaela Denine Joyner, 24, of Homer City, charged May 15 by state police with DUI, possession of drug paraphernalia and five summary offenses at 8:35 p.m. April 22 along Route 56 in Brush Valley Township. All charges were waived to court except for one of the summary offenses, which was withdrawn.
• James Joseph Albanese III, 22, of Turtle Creek, Allegheny County, charged May 20 by state police with three counts of possession of drug paraphernalia and two summary violations at 12:50 p.m. May 15 along Route 422 in White Township. A preliminary hearing was scheduled for July 22.