House fire contained
BLACKLICK TOWNSHIP — Firefighters were able to quickly contain a fire that damaged a Blacklick Township home Monday morning.
According to Blairsville fire Chief George Burkley, the fire at the two-story home along Grange Road appears to have started somewhere in the kitchen area just before 8 a.m.
Despite no nearby fire hydrants, firefighters were able to contain the fire to the kitchen, Burkley said.
“We had a quick knock down,” he said.
However, there was heat and smoke damage throughout the rest of the first floor, and smoke damage on the second floor, he said.
No injuries were reported, but homeowner Daniel O’Neil was taken to a hospital as a precaution.
In addition to Blairsville, firefighters from Black Lick, Aultman, Homer City, Saltsburg, Tunnelton, Derry Borough and Eastern Derry responded.
Burkley said an electrical malfunction may have caused the fire.