INDIANA DISTRICT COURT DOCKET
Numerous defendants have been named in criminal charges filed before Magisterial District Judge Guy Haberl, of Indiana.
Criminal complaints and affidavits of probable cause are not evidence of guilt in a criminal case. Defendants are entitled to legal representation and have the right to question the witnesses and evidence presented against them during preliminary hearings in the district court and at trials in the county court of common pleas.
• William Roland Jr., 30, of Main Street, Marion Center; Richard Huffman, 27, of Park Avenue, Marion Center; and Virgil Small, 27, of Lucas Road, Gipsy, charged Aug. 21 by state police with burglary, theft by unlawful taking and criminal mischief. Roland and Small were charged for three incidents at residences: July 24 on Bethel Church Road, Rayne Township; July 31 on Allison Road, Green Township; and Aug. 4 on Route 286, Montgomery Township. Huffman was charged in the incident July 24 on Bethel Church Road. Small was charged for the Aug. 4 incident on Aug. 12. Eight firearms, a crossbow, cash and a safe were removed. On Aug. 9, Small made a purchase at Hills of Home with two rolls of half-dollar coins that were later identified as missing by the victims of the Aug. 4 incident. During the investigation, Small admitted to the other incidents as well.
Roland, Huffman and Small waived their right to a hearing and opted to face action in Indiana County Court.
• Kevin Bohan, 19, of Shavertown, Luzerne County, charged Aug. 29 by Indiana Borough police with resisting arrest, disorderly conduct, public drunkenness and underage drinking at 9:52 p.m. Aug. 23 in the 900 block of Oakland Avenue when officers responded to a report of an intoxicated male.
A preliminary hearing is scheduled for Oct. 3.
• Allegra Fusaro, 18, of Broomall, Delaware County, charged Sept. 3 by IUP police with possession of drug paraphernalia at 10:49 p.m. Sept. 2 in Delaney Hall.
Officers responded to a report of the smell of marijuana coming from a room. A preliminary hearing is scheduled for Oct. 3.
• Scott Vates, 20, of Pittsburgh, Allegheny County, charged Sept. 4 by Indiana Borough police with possession of a small amount of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia, underage drinking and an open container violation at 11:59 p.m. Aug. 29 in the 400 block of South Seventh Street.
Officers were called to assist Liquor Control Enforcement agents when Vates was found with marijuana and drug paraphernalia in addition to alcohol. A preliminary hearing is scheduled for Oct. 2.
• Zachary Wehman, 19, of Ellwood City, Beaver County, charged Sept. 4 by Indiana Borough police with DUI, possession of a small amount of marijuana, underage drinking and a summary driving infraction at 1:37 a.m. Aug. 31 in the 600 block of Water Street, following a traffic stop for traveling westbound on the two blocks of Water Street that are restricted to eastbound traffic only.
Wehman was found in possession of marijuana and refused a blood test, court papers show. A preliminary hearing is scheduled for Oct. 3.
• Donte Adams, 20, of Pittsburgh, Allegheny County, charged Sept. 4 by Indiana Borough police with providing false identification to law enforcement authorities, possession of a small amount of marijuana, underage drinking and carrying a false identification card at 1:39 a.m. Aug. 31 at 642 Philadelphia St.
Officers were flagged down by an employee of The Coney.
Adams had attempted to enter with another person’s identification. A preliminary hearing is scheduled for Oct. 3.
• Tyler Steele, 18, of Connellsville, Fayette County, charged Sept. 4 by Indiana Borough police with possession of a small amount of marijuana and underage drinking at 11:27 p.m. Aug. 31 at 725 School St.
Officers detected the smell of burning marijuana and observed Steele with a marijuana cigarette. A preliminary hearing is scheduled for Oct. 9.
• Robert Mikulsky, 25, of Pittsburgh, charged Sept. 6 by state police with simple assault and harassment at 11 p.m. Sept. 5 at 2275 Warren Road when officers responded to a report of an assault at Conewago House.
Mikulsky pleaded guilty to harassment and was ordered to pay $440.50 in fines and costs. The simple assault charge was withdrawn.
• Zackary Wendel, 24, of Southwest, Westmoreland County, charged Sept. 6 by state police with felony charges of statutory sexual assault, aggravated indecent sexual assault and corruption of minors and misdemeanor charges of indecent assault between March 17 and July 24 in Saltsburg when police investigated a statutory sexual assault complaint involving a 15-year-old juvenile.
Wendel waived his right to a hearing and opted to face action in Indiana County Court.
• Jack Wolfe, 19, of Kane, McKean County, charged Sept. 8 by Indiana Borough police with criminal attempt, aggravated assault, simple assault, resisting arrest, obstructing the administration of law, disorderly conduct, criminal mischief and underage drinking at 12:59 a.m. Sept. 8 at 80 N. Eighth St.
While Wolfe was in the process of being fingerprinted, he attempted to strike an officer. A preliminary hearing is scheduled for Oct. 3.
• Simple assault and harassment charges against Florenda Nicholson, 60, of St. Robert, Mo.; and Janie Davis, 36, of Indiana, filed Sept. 6, were withdrawn Sept. 19.
• Retail theft and criminal trespass charges against Crystal Depetris, 34, of Indiana, filed Sept. 1, were dismissed Sept. 19.
• Simple assault and harassment charges against Rachelle Hamilton, 24, of Clymer, filed Aug. 26, were withdrawn Sept. 11.