INDIANA DISTRICT COURT DOCKET
Numerous defendants have been named in criminal charges filed before Magisterial District Judge Guy Haberl, of Indiana.
Criminal complaints and affidavits of probable cause are not evidence of guilt in a criminal case. Defendants are entitled to legal representation and have the right to question the witnesses and evidence presented against them during preliminary hearings in the district court and at trials in the county court of common pleas.
• Robert D. Bender, 24, of Laurel Street, Indiana, charged Dec. 11 by Indiana Borough police with theft from a motor vehicle and receiving stolen property between 11:15 p.m. Sept. 7 and 8:05 a.m. Sept. 8 in the 600 block of South Sixth Street.
Officers received a report of a stolen iPhone. The owner located the phone through a tracking program and met officers near the location. Bender was found in possession of the missing iPhones. Bender waived his right to a hearing and opted to face action in Indiana County Court.
• Martis M. Black III, 21, of East Lansdowne, Delaware County, charged Dec. 11 by Indiana Borough police with making false reports to law enforcement authorities at 2 a.m. Sept. 2 in the 600 block of Church Street.
Officers investigated a report of a stolen vehicle belonging to Black. During the investigation, it was determined that the vehicle was involved in a pursuit with IUP police the same night. The person who made the report later changed his story, saying Black asked him to report it stolen as Black’s license was suspended. A preliminary hearing is scheduled for Jan. 30.
• Bob J. Pardee, 53, of Fairview Avenue, Indiana, charged Dec. 10 by state police with forgery between April 10, 2006, and March 14, 2012, at 715 Josephine Ave.
Police investigated a report that Pardee had forged the victim’s name on a rent rebate claim form. A preliminary hearing is scheduled for Jan. 29.
• Kyle E. Locklin, 23, of Export, Westmoreland County, charged Dec. 11 by IUP police with driving under the influence of alcohol and two summary driving infractions at 2:46 a.m. Nov. 16 in the 1100 block of Maple Street, following a traffic stop for not coming to a complete stop at a stop sign.
Locklin had a BAC of 0.201 percent, court papers show. A preliminary hearing is scheduled for Thursday.
• Derek L. Bloom, 23, of New Castle, Lawrence County, charged Dec. 12 with issuing a bad check Nov. 8 in the amount of $1,225 to Mary Anne Spadafora. A preliminary hearing is scheduled for Thursday.
• Zachary W. Bothell, 20, of Benjamin Lane, Creekside, charged Dec. 12 by Indiana Borough police with DUI, underage drinking and a summary driving infraction at 11:34 p.m. Nov. 15 in the first block of South Taylor Avenue.
Officers observed Bothell traveling the wrong direction on a one-way street and initiated a traffic stop. Bothell had a blood alcohol content of 0.201 percent, court papers show. A preliminary hearing is scheduled for Thursday.
• Robert D. Brown, 23, of Holtwood, Lancaster County; Sean McNevin, 20, of Rayne Church Road, Rayne Township; and Nicholas J. Boyer, 20, of Jefferson Avenue, Homer City, charged Dec. 12 with corruption of minors at 1 a.m. April 4 on South 13th Street.
Officers responded to a report of a 15-year-old juvenile leaving a residence in an unknown vehicle. A parent accessed phone records and found numerous text messages the previous evening to and from Boyer’s phone. The juvenile was located at 3:24 a.m. by state police with Brown, McNevin and Boyer.
Preliminary hearings for Brown, McNevin and Boyer are scheduled for Feb. 5.
• Heather M. Tyger, 27, of Georgetown Village, Indiana, charged Dec. 13 by the Indiana County Sheriff’s office with possession of a dangerous weapon in a court facility and possession of a prohibited offensive weapon at 3:35 p.m. Dec. 9 at the Indiana County Court House.
Deputies found a blackjack in Tyger’s coat when she set off the metal detector at the courthouse entrance. A preliminary hearing is scheduled for Jan. 30.
• Lucy C. Yardley, 19, of Flanders, N.J., charged Dec. 13 by IUP police with possession of drug paraphernalia at 7:55 p.m. Dec. 9 in Putt Hall.
Officers responded to an ambulance call for a seizure in Putt Hall. Yardley was found unconscious and given a dose of Narcan by emergency services. When coherent, Yardley admitted to using heroin. A preliminary hearing is scheduled for Feb. 13.
• Tyler H. Stefanik, 22, of Maple Street, Indiana, charged Dec. 17 by Indiana Borough police with DUI and a summary driving infraction at 1:23 a.m. Nov. 30 in the 600 block of Gompers Avenue.
Officers observed Stefanik traveling in the wrong direction on a one-way street and initiated a traffic stop. Stefanik had a BAC of 0.214 percent, court papers show. A preliminary hearing is scheduled for Feb. 5.
• Olivia P. Dapper, 20, of Washington Street, Indiana, charged Dec. 17 by Indiana Borough police with possession of a small amount of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia and underage drinking at 2:08 p.m. Nov. 24 at 674 Washington St.
Officers observed Dapper attempting to enter a residence using an identification card rather than a key. It was later determined that she had permission to enter the residence. When officers asked for identification, she admitted to having marijuana in her purse. A preliminary hearing is scheduled for Thursday.
• Morgan B. Kelly, 22, of Greencastle, Franklin County, charged Dec. 17 by Indiana Borough police with DUI and a summary driving infraction at 2:31 a.m. Nov. 22 in the 900 block of Philadelphia Street.
Officers observed Kelly’s vehicle hit the curb and drive on the sidewalk before returning to the road. A traffic stop was initiated, and the smell of an alcoholic beverage was detected. Kelly had a BAC of 0.194 percent, court papers show. A preliminary hearing is scheduled for Jan. 30.
• Justine P. Henry, 20, of Gompers Avenue, Indiana, charged Dec. 17 by Indiana Borough police with possession of a controlled substance and drug paraphernalia at 1:08 a.m. Dec. 9 at a residence on Gompers Avenue.
Officers responded to a report of a disturbance. Heroin and paraphernalia were found at the scene. A preliminary hearing is scheduled for Feb. 6.
• Bradley E. Leroy, 23, of Erie, charged Dec. 17 by Indiana Borough police with possession of a small amount of marijuana and drug paraphernalia at 11:04 p.m. Dec. 9 at 853 Wayne Ave.
While executing a search warrant on an apartment, officers observed a marijuana bong being thrown out the window of a different apartment. Leroy later admitted to throwing it out the window. A preliminary hearing is scheduled for Feb. 6.