Indiana, PA - Indiana County

Propane leak leads to blast

on January 15, 2014 10:29 AM

DUBOIS — A state police fire marshal determined a central Pennsylvania house exploded because of a propane leak in the basement.

Troopers from the DuBois barracks say the blast Monday afternoon caused about $250,000 damage to home in Sandy Township, Clearfield County.

The residents, Michael Myers and Deborah Priddy, were home when the explosion occurred, but were able to escape and were treated only for minor injuries at DuBois Regional Medical Center.

Two dogs died in the explosion and resulting fire.

The couple heated the home with propane. The storage tank was outside the house, but gas lines carried the fuel inside for the furnace and clothes dryer.

About 75 firefighters responded to the blaze about 2:30 p.m.

Next Article
Bussard named scholar-athlete
January 15, 2014 10:19 AM
Disclaimer: Copyright © 2017 Indiana Gazette. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.