Tunnelton house destroyed in fire
Tunnelton-Conemaugh Township Volunteer Fire Department is rallying around one of its own following a fire that gutted a firefighter’s house on Friday night.
According to Tunnelton Chief Rick Bouch, the fire occurred in a one-story home along Marshall Road in Conemaugh Township. Bouch said the firefighter, whom he declined to identify, was home at the time and was alerted to the fire by crackling sounds and the smell of smoke.
In addition to Tunnelton, firefighters from Blairsville and Saltsburg responded. Bouch said that when they arrived the house was engulfed in flames. It took around 45 minutes to get the fire under control, he said.
Bouch said the fire was accidental and appears to have been started by an electrical malfunction in the laundry room.
No one was injured, he said.