Only rubble covered the ground along Route 219 in the heart of downtown Northern Cambria on Friday after a fire destroyed three buildings that had been left vacant when their street-level businesses closed in recent years. Demolition crews were called to level what was left of two of the structures. Fire Chief Dave Hassen Sr. said six people living in two upper-level apartments lost their homes due to the blaze. Volunteers from 10 fire departments in Cambria and Indiana counties were called out just after 10:30 p.m. Thursday to battle the flames.
- Stadium graduation set at Homer-Center
- DEAR ABBY: Newlywed is questioned about keeping her name
- Host families sought for exchange students
- House of the Week: Home gives rustic, stately welcome
- Today in History
- Indianapolis imposes curfew after 2 nights of violence
- World alarmed by violence in US; thousands march in London
- Business owners awake to destruction after SC protests
- S&T reports multi-million-dollar check kiting scheme
- Police open investigation into downtown rally
- Governor to lift more pandemic restrictions in Pennsylvania
- M. Diane Fako
- Police Log
- Public salute to follow Indiana graduation
- Nicholas W. Lezanic
- Michael P. Barnhart
- Late death
- Three teachers hired at high school
Find a local business
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.