The Brush Valley Township supervisors on Monday approved the renaming of a portion of Littletown Road to Stiles Road.
The portion of the renamed road will begin at the intersection of Littletown Road and Township Road 618, and will end at the township line. In other business, the supervisors:
- Set a supervisors’ road inspection at 3 p.m. Wednesday with the roadmaster.
- Awarded contracts to New Enterprise Stone & Lime Co. for $39,990 and Homer R. Sleek & Sons Inc. for $37,955 for road materials.
- Announced that the 2012 township audit is complete. The annual report was filed with the Department of Community and Economic Development and Prothonotary of Indiana County.
The township secretary has a notarized copy, available for public inspection at the township office.
- Amended the ag security area of John S. Lopresti and Hope L. Hampton to consist of 157.81 acres.
- Approved payment of a 2013 7400 truck, set to be delivered in April. A total of $64,000 will be used from the state fund, $38,563 from the general fund and $30,000 from an S&T Bank loan.
- Announced residents can take up to a 1-ton load to Evergreen Landfill at a reduced rate with a pass obtained at the township office or mailed to residents. Contact the secretary at (724) 479-3358.
- Announced that the fire company will hold an auction of food and new miscellaneous items at 2 p.m. April 27 at the fire hall.