Information for this column is provided by the Indiana County Department of Human Services.
Clothing Closet with free clothing is available through First United Methodist Church of Marion Center. The closet is open from 9 a.m. to noon Tuesdays. For more information, call (724) 397-5517.
• Arthritis Foundation Exercise Program is a group exercise program designed specifically for people with arthritis to help increase joint flexibility and range of motion. The group meets at 10:30 a.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays at Indiana Regional Medical Center’s Community Service Suite. For more information, call (724) 357-8088.
• Baby Wearing is a free class that teaches the use of slings and different types of carriers to keep baby close to you while you are free to do other things. Classes are from 6:30 to 8:30 in Private Dining Room number 2. For more information, call IRMC at (724) 357-8088.
• Clear the Air is a one-session program that can give you the tools you need to get prepared, take action, stay motivated and quit smoking for good. For more information, call Indiana Regional Medical Center at (724) 357-8088.
• CPR Review is available through American Red Cross, Indiana County Headquarters. For more information or to register, call (800) 733-2767 or online at www.redcross.org.
• Disaster Health Services Orientation, American Red Cross, Indiana County headquarters, teaches participants to organize and administer DHS function of the local level and to initiate a larger operation. For more information, call (724) 465-5678.
• Discover Relaxation Within I and II are four-week lifestyle improvement programs promoting wellness through stress management. For more information, call Excela Health at (877) 771-1234.
• Eat Well for Life I and II are four-week lifestyle improvement programs promoting wellness and long-term weight management through balanced nutrition, cooking demonstrations and other hands-on experiences. For more information, call Excela Health at (877) 771-1234.
• Home Alone and In Control, IRMC, (724) 357-8088. Program for children 9 and older; teaches home-alone skills and time management.
• I Can Cope, sponsored by the American Cancer Society and the Herbert L. Hanna Center for Oncology Care, is an educational series for cancer patients and their caregivers. Register no later than the Monday before. Contact Kristen at (412) 919-1078 or email Kristen at Kristen.Hillebrand@cancer.org.
• Low Impact Exercise, through Aging Services Inc., is for people age 60 and older. Classes are conducted at five senior center locations by a trained instructor. You do not have to be a senior center participant to attend. For more information, call (724) 349-4500 or (800) 443-8016.
• Personal Nutrition Coaching is a personalized program designed by a registered dietitian to address the needs of an individual seeking nutrition counseling relating to weight management, heart health or diabetes. For more information or an appointment, call IRMC at (724) 357-8088.
• Tobacco Cessation Course, through Excela Health, is a seven-week program for those who have resolved to quit smoking. It includes one-on-one counseling. Times and locations vary. For information, call (877) 771-1234. Telephonic support is available 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday by calling (724) 689-1891.
• Water Exercise Classes are held at the Indiana County YMCA. Classes are arthritis, swimnastics and aqua aerobics. The seven-week sessions are excellent for individuals with joint problems and/or those who cannot exercise on land. Non-swimmers are welcome. For more information, call (724) 463-9622.
• Six and eight week yoga classes in four different yoga styles are offered on a rotating basis at Excela Health Hospitals. Call for more information (877) 771-1234.
WIN WIN Workplace: Creating opportunities for meaningful employment will be held from 11 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Thursday at the CareerLink Building, 300 Indian Springs Road. This free event and lunch is for employers, individuals and families affected by mental illness. Speakers include representatives from NAMI Southwest Pennsylvnaia, Peerstar LLC, the Community Guidance Center, ICW Vocational Services, the PA Health Law Project and more. For more information or to RSVP, call (814) 421-6004 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• AL-ANON meets at 7:45 p.m. every Thursday at The Open Door, Indiana, (724) 726-5406 and 8 p.m. every Friday at Marion Center Presbyterian Church, (724) 397-8606.
• Alzheimer’s Support Group, sponsored by Hillsdale Nursing & Rehab meets at 2 p.m. Wednesday at Citizens’ Ambulance Station, Hillsdale. Call Kim Neff at (814) 743-6613 for more information.
• Arthritis Aquatics Program is offered at various locations. For more information, call the Indiana County YMCA at (724) 463-9622, Arthritis Foundation at (800) 522-9900 or Laurel Highlands Health Center at (724) 357-9991.
• Breast Cancer Education and Support Group meets from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Tuesday at Excela Health Westmoreland Hospital. For more information contact Excela Health Call Center at (877) 771-1234.
• Connections by Choice, Catholic Charities, provides support and training for families with foster and adopted children including pre-adoptive, foreign and domestic adoptive families. Call (724) 463-8806.
• Crohn’s and Colitis Support Group is available through Excela Health. For more information, call (877) 771-1234.
• Epilepsy Education and Support is available for parents of children diagnosed with Epilepsy. For more information, call (800) 361-5885 in Pittsburgh, (814) 262-7494 in Johnstown, or the Excela Health Call Center at (877) 771-1234.
• The Hearing Loss Association of Pennsylvania meets at 10 a.m. the third Saturday of the month at the DePaul School for Hearing and Speech, Pittsburgh. For more information, call (412) 767-9769.
• Insulin Pump Therapy Support Group is held quarterly at Excela Health Latrobe Hospital. Call (877) 771-1234 for more information.
• Man to Man is a support group for men facing prostate cancer to receive support, information and resources by talking with trained prostate cancer survivors. Call Kristen at (724) 834-9081 ext. 65281 for more information. Registration is encouraged, but not required.
• National Alliance on Mental Illness Indiana County Family Support Group, for more information, call (724) 357-8105 or email namiofindi email@example.com.
• Narcotics Anonymous meeting sites in Indiana County have recently changed. For referrals to meetings, services and activities, call (888) 251-2426.
• Stroke Education and Support Group meets through Excela Health. This group is for individuals and families who have had a stroke and provides information on living with a stroke, lifestyle changes and care options. Registration is required. For information, call (877) 771-1234.
• Bowser-Minich Bereavement Support Services offers a bereavement lending library open from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Friday, or by appointment. Call (724) 349-3100 or (888) 923-5550.
• C. Frederick Bowser Funeral Home, Homer City, offers support services through an interactive website for bereavement and grief support literature at www.bowserfh. com.
• Coping with Loss Grief Support Group is a six-week series held at various community locations. Call Excela Health at (877) 771-1234.
• Curran Funeral Home Grief Support Group, 701 Salt St., Saltsburg. Call (724) 639-3911 for dates, times and location.
• GRASP, or Grief Recovery After a Substance Passing, offers support and sources of help for families and individuals who are in bereavement due to a substance misuse death.
The group will begin in late February and will meet at The Open Door. For more information or to register, call (724) 762-3344, email skelly 17839@ gmail.com or visit www. grasp help.org.
• Graystone Church GriefShare is a 13-week seminar and support group for people who are grieving the death of someone close to them.
Sessions are offered in the spring and the fall.
Registration is not necessary, and participants may join at any time in the series.
• Highmark Caring Place, through the Caring Foundation for Children, Pittsburgh, offers support groups weekly or biweekly for grieving children, adolescents and families.
Call (888) 224-4673.
• John A. Lefdahl Funeral Home offers a bereavement support group open to the public. Call (724) 463-4499.
• The Hepatitis C Education/Support Group meets the first Tuesday of each month at noon and the 3rd Wednesday of each month at 6 p.m. at Arc Manor in Kittanning. This group provides information and support that you need to live with, get treatment for, or prevent exposure to Hepatitis C. For more information, call (724) 548-7607 or (800) 323-1333.
• Hopeful Hearts, a service of the VNA of Indiana County, is a child-focused family bereavement support center.
Hopeful Hearts provides peer support at no cost for all family members when someone close to the family has died.
Families meet biweekly in a safe, caring and confidential environment.
For more information about this program or volunteer opportunities, call (724) 349-3888 or (877) 349-3888.
• Pregnancy Loss Support Group provides support for families who are grieving the loss of their baby through miscarriage, ectopic pregnancy, stillbirth or newborn death. Call (877) 771-1234.
• Rairigh-Bence Funeral Home Inc. offers a support group and a bereavement lending library with booklets, videos, etc.
• Richard Shoemaker Funeral Home Support Group, Blairsville, (724) 459-9115; information and support offered by phone.
• Robinson-Lytle funeral home offers a bereavement library with books, videos and other information for adults and children. Call (724) 349-9700.
• Sharing Grief Support Group is offered from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. every first and third Thursday of the month. For more information, call (724) 349-2000.
• Survivors of Suicide Group meets from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Neuropsychiatric Associates Inc., IRMC Complex, Medical Arts Building, Suite 2200, Indiana. Gather together with others who understand the impact a death of suicide can have. Cost is $30.
Initial intake at Neuropsychiatric Associates for possible insurance coverage. Call for more information, (724) 464-0270.
• VNA Grief Support meets the third Tuesday of the month at 2:30 p.m. at VNA, 850 Hospital Road, Indiana.
The group is open to all who are coping with grief and loss. For more information, contact Rev. Spiker at (724) 463-6340.