Community blood drives to aid the American Red Cross are planned for the following dates and times:
Wednesday — Noon to 6 p.m., Armagh United Methodist Church, 570 W. Philadelphia St., Armagh
Thursday — Noon to 6 p.m., Brush Valley Volunteer Fire Department, 5540 Route 259, Brush Valley; and noon to 6 p.m., Ligonier Township Community Meeting Room, 1 Municipal Park Drive, Ligonier
Walk-ins are always welcome. For more information visit:www.redcross blood.org or www.red crossblood.org.
Tips for a Successful Donation
• Drink plenty of water so you are well-hydrated before donating.
• Bring a donor card, driver’s license or two other forms of ID with you to verify your age.
• Have a healthy meal before you donate and try to avoid fatty foods.
• Wear clothing with sleeves that can be raised above the elbow.
• If you are taking any medications, bring a list of those with you.