COMMODORE — The Purchase Line school board approved committing the 2012-13 fund balance to post-employment medical coverage, retirement rate stabilization, bond payments and the building improvement plan at its meeting Monday. The board authorized the superintendent and business manager to make assignments of the fund as needed, with board approval.
In other business, the board:
• Approved Highmark Casualty Insurance Company as the workers’ compensation provider at $40,007.
• Approved a contract with Citizens’ Ambulance Service at $1,975.
• Approved a decision to award bids for athletic supplies for the upcoming school year at $13,182.
• Approved a technology services contract with Computer Shop, a division of Cjaws Inc., from July 1 through June 30, 2014, for $140,500.
• Heard from board member James McMullen regarding the ARIN board meeting. McMullen commented that ARIN will be searching for a new executive director using in-house search methods. The ARIN board also offers this search capability to schools within its district so they can fill positions.
Purchase Line’s superintendent, Tina Hazelet, recently announced her retirement.