Main Street in Marion Center is shown here in 1910.
John Park settled in the Marion Center area in 1799, and in 1841 set up the town of Marion on land that he owned. The post office was originally named Brady, but on Dec. 26, 1890, it became Marion Center, which also became the name of the town on the same date.
The town was named in honor of the Revolutionary War hero Gen. Frances Marion. It was incorporated as a borough in June of 1869. County historian John Busovicki, of Clymer, submitted this photo.