DERRY — Several programs are planned at Keystone State Park in the coming days.
Those who plan to participate are asked to register at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (724) 668-2566.
• “Sensing Summer” will begin at 1 p.m. Thursday. Children, ages 4 and 5, accompanied by adults, will use their five senses to experience the season through stories, a walk and a craft.
• “Weather Wonders” will begin at 2:30 p.m. Thursday.
This program, for 6- to 8-year-olds, will start in the visitor center and include a weather walk.
• “Meteorology Madness” begins Aug. 2 at 1 p.m.
This Penn’s Adventurers program on meteorology is for 9- to 11-year-olds and is part of the PA DiscoverE series. Participants will learn about weather stations, forecasting and more.
• “Weather Watch” will begin at 10:30 a.m. Aug. 3.
Do you like to predict the weather? Do you find storms fascinating? Weather affects all walks of life and is an exciting topic to study. Join park naturalists for a look at how you can create your own weather station, predict the weather and be more prepared for a variety of weather woes. This program includes the Eyewitness Weather” DVD.
• “Kayak Keystone” begins at 2 p.m. Aug. 3.
Are you interested in learning how to kayak? This fun-filled program includes basic kayaking instruction, conservation tips from the “Green Team,” and paddling on Keystone Lake.
• “Story Time by the Lake” will begin at 10:30 a.m. Aug. 4.
Join park officials at the amphitheater (on the camping side of the lake; park at the nearby visitor center) for a nature tale. Topics range from feathered friends to batty bug zappers to spunky spiders.
The visitor’s center is open from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily.