Numerous defendants have been named in criminal charges filed before Magisterial District Judge Jennifer Rega, of Blairsville.
Criminal complaints and affidavits of probable cause are not evidence of guilt in a criminal case.
Defendants are entitled to legal representation and have the right to question the witnesses and evidence presented against them during preliminary hearings in the district court and at trials in the county court of common pleas.
• Brad Lee Rusch, 19, of Michigan, charged July 12 by state police with possession of a small amount of marijuana on May 8 at Indypark Apartments, Blairsville. The charge was held for court.
• Shawn Michael Aukerman, 21, who resides in the Indiana County Jail, charged July 12 with 14 counts of possession of a controlled substance on July 8 on Maher Street, Blarisville. All charges were withdrawn.
• Cheryl Lee Howard, 51, of Campbells Mill Road, Blairsville, charged July 12 by state police with simple assault, recklessly endangering another person and a summary charge on June 28 on Campbells Road in Burrell Township. The case is still active.
• David R. Sacerino, 56, of Johnstown, charged July 15 by state police with possession of a controlled substance, driving under the influence of a controlled substance, and eight summary charges at 7:54 p.m. June 21 on Route 22, East Wheatfield Township. The charges were held for court.
• Courtney Taylor Reed, 24, of Route 217 North, Blairsville, charged July 17 by state police with two counts of retail theft and two misdemeanors between 10:12 p.m. May 6 and 5:21 p.m. May 7 at Walmart in Burrell Township. The case is still active.
• Matthew J. Golik, 25, and Benjamin Michael Golik, 21, of Mill Street, Saltsburg, charged June 19 by Saltsburg Borough police with possession of drug paraphernalia and a summary charge at 9:57 p.m. Nov. 1 at Water and Point streets, Saltsburg. In addition, Matthew was charged with driving with a suspended license. The case is still active.
• Kris Shoff, 48, and Mark Edward Gibson, 48, of Portage, charged July 19 by state police with possession and sale of consumer fireworks without a license at 5:38 p.m. July 1 at Big Ed’s Outlet, Route 22, Burrell Township. The case is still active.
• Deanna Lynn Fink, 40, of Plum Way, Saltsburg, charged July 23 by Saltsburg Borough police with resisting arrest and a misdemeanor at 6:39 p.m. July 12 on Point Street, Saltsburg. The case is still active.
• James M. Oskey, 35, of South Liberty Street, Blairsville, charged July 23 by Blairsville police with theft by unlawful taking at noon on July 12 on East Market Street, Blairsville. The case is still active.
• Patricia Ally Barbarich, 23, of Beaverdale, charged July 20 by state police with three counts of retail theft, three counts of criminal attempt and six misdemeanors on July 12, 13 and 19 at Walmart, White Township. The case is still active.
• Theresa Marie Parise, 57, of Verona, charged July 12 by state police with simple assault and two summary charges on June 28 on Campbells Mill Road, Burrell Township. The case is still active.