Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
1. BOMB SUSPECTS ALLEGEDLY TARGETED TIMES SQUARE
NYC's mayor and its top cop say the Boston suspects’ plan to visit the Big Apple wasn't just “to party” after all.
2. MILLIONS POUR IN TO HELP BOSTON VICTIMS
People who lost limbs will face some of the biggest medical expenses — artificial legs can cost more than $50,000 each.
3. HOW A COLLAPSED BANGLADESH BUILDING WILL IMPACT THE GARMENT INDUSTRY
With at least 290 dead, there's a renewed look at the conditions at the country's clothing manufacturers.
4. 38 DEAD IN RUSSIA AFTER PSYCHIATRIC HOSPITAL BLAZE
A nurse and two patients are believed to be the only survivors.
5. FIERY AFGHAN BUS CRASH KILLS 30 IN AFGHANISTAN
The bus collided with a truck left burning by the Taliban and could not stop.
6. WHAT PROPELLED GAY MARRIAGE TO VICTORY IN RHODE ISLAND
The savvy political campaign — including bare-knuckle tactics — could serve as a model for similar efforts in other states.
7. HISTORIC DROUGHT IS HISTORY
Spring rains soaking the central U.S. have washed away the worst dry spell in decades.
8. WHY THE TOP WINNER WASN'T THE FOCUS AT BILLBOARD LATIN AWARDS
While Reggaeton star Don Omar took home 10 prizes, homage to the late Mexican-American singer Jenni Rivera captured everyone's attention.
9. WHO'S NO. 1
The Kansas City Chiefs take offensive tackle Eric Fisher of Central Michigan as the top pick in the NFL draft.
10. NO MORE WOODER IN PHILUFFYA?
A linguistics professor says the Philadelphia dialect is evolving into a more northern accent.