PennDOT plans to post weight restrictions within a week on the both bridges carrying the Route 119 Bypass over East Pike in White Township.
Others to be posted by Aug. 29 are the Route 56 bridge over Little Brush Creek near Brush Valley in Brush Valley Township (29 tons) and Route 422 over Crooked Creek near Shelocta (30 tons).
Those already posted with weight restrictions, but added to the list of structurally deficient bridges:
• Route 954 over the south branch of Plum Creek, Washington Township.
• Wandin Road over an abandoned railroad, Green Township.
• Locust Lane over Canoe Creek, Canoe Township.
• Lochvale Road over the south branch of Bear Run, Banks Township.
• Wehrum Road over Black Lick Creek, Buffington Township.
• Indiana Street over the north branch of Plum Creek, Creekside.
Others to be posted in the coming months:
• Allen Bridge Road over Crooked Creek, Rayne Township.
• Barr Slope Road over Dixon Run, Green Township.
• Spaulding Road over Penn Run, Cherryhill Township.
• Trojan Road over the west branch of Cush Creek, Montgomery Township
• Bethel Church Road over Aultmans Run, Center Township.
• Jacksonville Road over Two Lick Creek, Center Township.
• Old Route 56 over the CSX Railroad, Center Township.
PennDOT also has declared as structurally deficient 14 state-owned bridges in Armstrong County, 12 in Westmoreland County, eight in Clearfield County, two in Jefferson County and one in Cambria County.
Among those bridges:
• Route 839 over Glade Run, Armstrong County.
• Route 711 over Mill Creek, Westmoreland County.
• Route 982 over a branch of Stony Run, Westmoreland County.
• State Route 3009 over the east branch of Mahoning Creek, Clearfield County.
No bridges owned by boroughs or townships in Indiana, Armstrong or Clearfield counties have been added to the deficient list; however, PennDOT has identified eight in Westmoreland County, seven in Cambria County and three in Jefferson County for new weight limits.
The list includes these bridges:
• Ligonier Street over Loyalhanna Creek, Westmoreland County.
• Kellar Road over east branch of Mahoning Creek, Clearfield County.
• Township Road 509 over the north branch of Black Lick Creek, Cambria County.