The Brush Valley Township supervisors reported at Tuesday’s meeting that the closed 1.1-mile portion of Snyder Road from Route 954 has been reopened.
In other business, the supervisors:
• Announced that Brush Valley Day will be held Sept. 21.
• Will purchase a Moon Paver from Moon Paver Inc. for $3,400.
• Will send a township supervisor to testify at the prevailing wage reform hearing by the House Labor and Industry Committee in Johnstown on Sept. 16.
• Received notification that Mountain Gathering LLC wants to construct a natural gas-gathering pipeline in Blacklick, Brush Valley, Burrell and Center townships.
• Announced that Amfire Mining Co. LLC has applied to add 711.2 underground permit acres and 713.7 subsidence control plan acres to the Gillhouser Run Deep Mine.
• Heard from Robin Brilhart, chief administrative officer for the township pension plan, that the minimum municipal obligation the township will pay toward employee pension plans is $8,250 for 2014.
• Were invited to attend a focus group meeting regarding the creation of an Indiana County Housing Plan.