Several defendants have been named in criminal charges filed before Magisterial District Judge Guy Haberl, of Indiana. Criminal complaints and affidavits of probable cause are not evidence of guilt in a criminal case. Defendants are entitled to legal representation and have the right to question the witnesses and evidence presented against them during preliminary hearings in the district court and at trials in the county court of common pleas.
• Ronald Harper Jr., 57, of Dixon Road, Clymer, charged July 15 by state police with burglary, criminal trespass, stalking, indecent assault and indecent exposure between midnight July 12 and 10:15 a.m. July 15 at 715 Josephine Ave., White Township. Police responded to a report that Harper had entered the residence four or five times uninvited and unannounced. He requested sex from a resident and would not leave when asked.
Harper waived his right to a hearing and opted to face action in Indiana County Court.
• Johnathan Reinard, 25, of Poplar Avenue, Indiana, charged July 18 by Indiana Borough police with DUI and a summary driving infraction at 3:16 a.m. June 14 in the 500 block of Locust Street after police responded to a report of a motor vehicle accident. Reinard had a blood alcohol content of 0.175 percent, court papers show.
Reinard waived his right to a hearing and opted to face action in Indiana County Court.
• Jason Keefer, 33, of Philadelphia Street, Indiana, charged July 22 by Indiana Borough police with simple assault, criminal mischief and harassment at 12:03 a.m. July 18 in the 300 block of Anderson Avenue. Police responded to a report of a male kicking the doors of a vehicle then assaulting the owner when confronted. After an investigation, the victim positively identified Keefer.
Keefer waived his right to a hearing and opted to face action in Indiana County Court.
• Timothy Vrana, 45, of Route 286 East, Commodore, charged July 26 by Indiana Borough police with criminal mischief and harassment at 3:09 a.m. July 20 in the 300 block of South Fifth Street. Police responded to a report of a male on a motorcycle scratching a vehicle with a sharp object. The victim recognized Vrana, and a witness corroborated the account. The cost of repair was estimated at $988.87, court papers show. A preliminary hearing is scheduled for Oct. 9.
• Crystal Wilson, 30, of Main Street, Marion Center, charged July 29 by state police with DUI, aggravated assault by vehicle while DUI, accident involving injury while not properly licensed and five summary driving infractions at 3:50 a.m. June 8 at Route 85, one mile west of Route 119, Rayne Township, after officers responded to the scene of a one-vehicle accident.
A passenger in the vehicle was ejected and sustained multiple injuries. Wilson had a BAC of 0.19 percent, court papers show. A preliminary hearing is scheduled for Oct. 9.
• Simple assault and harassment charges against Daryl Dunmire, 32, of Indiana, filed July 16, were withdrawn Aug. 21.