Boy, 8, saves mom
October 23, 2013 10:30 AM

UNIONTOWN (AP) — Police say an 8-year-old western Pennsylvania boy saved his mom from harm by calling his grandmother for help when his mother was high from smoking cigarettes soaked in embalming fluid.

Uniontown police Lt. Tom Kolencik says offices and paramedics arrived to find Cheri Sokol, 30, lying on the sidewalk and unable to communicate. They believe she may have been hallucinating from smoking the chemical-laced cigarette, which is known as “wetted up.”

Online court records don’t list an attorney for Sokol, who faces a preliminary hearing Dec. 3 on three counts of child endangerment.

Police say Sokol was alone with her son and two other children — aged 5 and 3 — when she got high Oct. 7.

Sokol’s phone was disconnected today. Police say other relatives are caring for her children.

Disclaimer: Copyright © 2017 Indiana Gazette. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.,18505055/