Area school districts are beginning to notify parents about kindergarten registration for the 2014-15 school year.
Registration will be held in the elementary lobby March 5 during the day and evening, and on March 12 during the day.
Call Kimberlie Akins at (724) 478-6000, ext. 5001, to schedule a registration time.
Anyone who would like to prepare paperwork for registration ahead of time can download the packet from the Apollo-Ridge website (www.apolloridge.com) or stop in the elementary office during the school day between 8 a.m. and 3 p.m. to obtain a registration packet.
Below is the information needed at registration:
• Child’s birth certificate
• Three proofs of residency (lease or mortgage information, driver’s license, automobile registration, auto insurance card, current utility bill(s), tax statements, or public assistance document)
• Child’s immunization record
• Parent’s/guardian’s driver’s license or photo ID
• Registration packet if obtained ahead of time
Registration in the Purchase Line School District will be Feb. 25 and 26 at the elementary school.
Registration will be by appointment only. Teachers will screen those registering in an effort to meet students and better plan for the 2014-15 school year.
Children who will be 5 years old prior to Sept. 1 may enroll.
On the assigned day for registration, the parent or guardian must bring an official birth certificate, all health and immunization records of the child and the parent or guardian’s driver’s license or other proof of residency.
Prior to admission to school for the first time, all children are required by law to have the following immunizations:
• Four doses of diptheria, pertussis, tetanus toxoid (if fourth dose before fourth birthday, then fifth dose is needed).
• Four or more doses of trivalent oral polio vaccine,
• Three doses of hepatitis B vaccine,
• Two doses of measles vaccine,
• Two doses of rubella (German measles) vaccine,
• Two doses of mumps vaccine, and
• Two doses of varicella (chicken pox) vaccine or history of disease for new school enterers.
Parents should contact the elementary school before Feb. 25 for the registration information and form.