The events listed in “It’s Happening Here” are in Indiana unless otherwise noted.
• A Bridal Show will be held from 1 to 4 p.m. at the Indiana Holiday Inn, 1395 Wayne Ave., White Township. The show features all of the best in wedding and reception service professionals, complimentary hors d’oeuvres and a special gift for each bride. Tickets ($5) will be sold at the door. For more information, call (724) 463-3561.
• The Jimmy Stewart Museum will show “The Last Gangster” at 1 p.m. at the museum, third floor of 835 Philadelphia St. The film stars Jimmy Stewart, Edward G. Robinson and John Carradine. For more information, visit www.jimmy.org.
“Children of the Romantic Age: New Artworks by Gwyneth Scally” will be on display beginning at 5 p.m. in Kipp Gallery, Sprowls Hall, IUP. The exhibit explores humanity’s romantic and catastrophic relationship with the natural world. For more information, visit www.iup.edu/livelyarts.
• The 56th Annual Spring Coin Show will be held from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the S&T Bank Arena, 497 East Pike, White Township. There will be 36 tables, free admission, free parking and the Coins 4 Kids program. The event is sponsored by the Indiana Coin Club. For more information, call (724) 254-2471.
• “Too Poor For Daytona,” the annual ABATE Daytona party, will be held at 7 p.m. at the Clymer American Legion, 485 Franklin St., Clymer. There will be food, drinks and entertainment for those 21 and over. Tickets in advance are $10 per person or $20 per couple; at the door they will be $12.50 per person or $25 per couple. For more information, contact Smitty at (724) 479-0714.
• ARC’s Annual Safe Day will be held from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Indiana Mall, 2334 Oakland Ave., White Township.
March 8 to 9
• “Maple Sugaring” will be presented by Allen Kinter at 2 p.m. at the Kinter Farm, Musser Road, Rayne Township. For more information, call (724) 463-8636.
• The Jimmy Stewart Museum will show “Of Human Hearts” at 1 p.m. at the museum, third floor of 835 Philadelphia St. The movie stars Jimmy Stewart, Beulah Bondi and Charles Colburn. For more information, visit www.jimmy.org.
• “Rain: A Tribute to The Beatles” will be held at the Kovalchick Complex, 711 Pratt Drive, White Township. A pre-show dinner is available; visit www.kovalchickcomplex.com for more information.
• The IUP choirs, under the direction of Ryan Beeken, will present “Faces of Love” at 3 p.m. in Gorell Recital Hall on the second floor of Sutton Hall, IUP. For more information, visit www.iup.edu/livelyarts.
Lively Arts presents Sybarite 5 at 8 p.m. in Gorell Recital Hall, second floor, Sutton Hall. From the moment their bows hit the strings, this quintet of talented, diverse musicians will take the audience on an exciting ride that engages the senses and redefines the rules. For more information, visit www.iup.edu/livelyarts.
Pups in the Pub will be held from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Connie Winters’ Pet Resort, 335 Winterfield Road, White Township. Pups in the Pub is the St. Patrick’s party for pets with green beer (nonalcoholic), Irish stew, leprechauns to chase and singing contests.
There will be pictures and treats for everyone. All pets must be current on all required vaccinations. Call and reserve a spot in the pub for your pet. The cost is $20 per pet. For more information, call (724) 465-6120 or visit conniewinterspetresort.com.
March 13 to 15
Race Car Day will be held at the Indiana Mall, 2334 Oakland Ave., White Township. Check out all the race cars on display throughout the mall.
For more information, visit www.indianamallpa.com.
A presentation, “Intriguing Iceland,” will be held at 7 p.m. at Blue Spruce Park Lodge, near Ernest, by Rebecca Sterley. Iceland, an island a bit smaller than Kentucky, is still growing due to volcanic action. Enjoy a photo journey of glaciers, waterfalls, lava fields, a lava cave crawl, hot springs, mud pots, geysers, puffins, fermented Greenland shark and Icelandic horse trekking. For more information, visit www.indianagcountyparks.org.
A St. Patrick’s Day Parade will be held in downtown Indiana at 11 a.m. For more information, visit www.downtownindiana.org.
• The Chestnut Ridge Resort and Conference Center will hold a St. Patty’s Day celebration beginning at 7 p.m. at the resort, 132 Pine Ridge Road, Burrell Township. Live entertainment will be provided by The Lumber Company at the 37 Grille Restaurant.
Registration for the cornhole tournament will be from noon to 1 p.m. and is $30 for a two-player team. The price includes tournament, food and adult beverages. For more information, visit www.chestnutridgeresort.com.
March 15 to 16
“Vivacious Lady” will be shown at 1 p.m. at the Jimmy Stewart Museum, third floor, 835 Philadelphia St. The film stars Jimmy Stewart, Ginger Rogers and Charles Coburn. For more information, visit www. jimmy.org.
Blairsville Underground Railroad’s Fourth Annual “Showtime” will be held at 7 p.m. in the Blairsville High School Auditorium, Burrell Township. The event will feature a live band and local talent. Visit (724) 459-5779.
March 22 and 23
The Jimmy Stewart Museum will play “The Shopworn Angel” at 1 p.m. at the museum, third floor, 835 Philadelphia St.
The film stars Jimmy Stewart, Margaret Sullavan and Walter Pidgeon. For more information, visit www.jimmy.org.
A Bridal Show will be held from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Indiana Mall, 2334 Oakland Ave., White Township. The event is co-sponsored by Renda Broadcasting and invites brides-to-be for 2014, 2015, and 2016.
To be a vendor, call Renda Broadcasting at (724) 465-4700 or visit www.indianamallpa.com.
Lively Arts will present “Ballet Hispanico” at 8 p.m. in Fisher Auditorium, IUP.
Celebrating 42 years of dance and culture, Ballet Hispanico is recognized as the nation’s leading Latino dance organization.
For more information, visit www.iup.edu/livelyarts.
March 28 to 30
The Indiana Players will present “Glengarry Glen Ross” at 7:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday and at 2:30 p.m. Sunday at the Philadelphia Street Playhouse, 725 Philadelphia St. The play will show four desperate Chicago real estate agents who are prepared to engage in any number of unethical, illegal acts, from lies and flattery to bribery threats, intimidation and burglary, to sell undesirable real estate to unwitting prospective buyers.
For more information, call (724) 464-0725 or visit www.indianaplayers.com.
• The Indiana Mall’s 11th annual Family Fun Fest, Water Water Everywhere, will be held from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the mall, 2334 Oakland Ave., White Township. Sponsored by the Children’s Advisory Council through the Department of Human Services, this event features crafts, projects and entertainment for kids 10 and under.
For more information, call (724) 463-8200, ext. 18.
• Join members of the Todd Bird Club for a Bird Walk at 8 a.m. at Yellow Creek State Park, near Penn Run. They’ll look for migrating waterfowl on the lake. The walk will be three hours long, but you may spend a shorter time.
For more information, call (724) 357-7913.
Billie Jean King will speak at Fisher Auditorium at 8 p.m. A recipient of the Presidential Medal of Freedom, King is a pioneer for women’s equality and the advancement of women in sports.
For more information, visit www.iup.edu/livelyarts.