Fireworks CEO doesn't believe shell hurt girl
APOLLO (AP) — The head of a western Pennsylvania fireworks company says he’s “struggling to believe” a July Fourth display caused a 14-year-old girl’s burns.
Stephen Vitale, the chief executive officer of New Castle-based Pyrotecnico, said his company is still investigating the show at the Apollo-Ridge High School football field, where Brooke Wright, of Kiski Township, was burned. She claims that was caused by a stray shell.
Vitale told the Valley News Dispatch of Tarentum there was no indication that any shells were launched into the crowd and says the distance between where the girl was hurt and where the fireworks were launched is “far beyond” required safety guidelines.
Wright and her mother, Lisa Culp, have referred comment to their personal injury attorney, Mark Milsop, who did not immediately return a call for comment today.