Mega Millions jackpot at a glance
The Mega Millions jackpot jumped Monday to $586 million after Friday’s drawing produced no winning ticket.
The jackpot now ranks as the second largest in Mega Millions history and fourth biggest overall in U.S. history. Here’s a look at the top five record lottery jackpots in U.S. history.
1. $656 million, Mega Millions, March 30, 2012 (Three tickets from Kansas, Illinois and Maryland)
2. $590.5 million, Powerball, May 18, 2013 (One ticket from Florida)
3. $587.5 million, Powerball, Nov. 28, 2012 (Two tickets from Arizona and Missouri)
4. Estimated $586 million, Mega Millions
5. $448.4 million, Powerball, Aug. 7, 2013 (Three tickets from Minnesota and New Jersey)